Sunday 4 April 2010

Google Docs

I experimented with Google Docs this evening. I have used it before in a work context. The team in which I used to work shared a Google Docs spreadsheet online. This was useful when our manager went travelling; he was able to keep up with our progress wherever he was without relying on us to send regular emails. Today however, I tried word-processing and making a presentation with Google. I'm most used to using Microsoft Office programs for these purposes and by comparison, I was a little disappointed. I thought it a shame that the spellcheck highlights misspelt words with yellow; I had used this colour to highlight a word within my document before discovering this. At first I was also a little disppointed to see so few fonts to choose from. Then I tried copying and pasting something I'd typed in my favourite font in a Word document and found that it transferred without a problem! (Yessss!!!) Complaining about Google Docs seems very ungrateful; acquiring a set of tools which do so much for free and that you can save and share online is a boon! There are lots of symbols available to put into your documents. I found the Cyrillic letters quite easily. It's also very easy to insert pictures from elsewhere. Thanks Google!

No comments:

Post a Comment