Wednesday 17 March 2010

You Tube

I've been a big fan of You Tube for a few years. Be this as it may, I've decided not to create my own account because I've been too tempted to enter into some of the terrible debates that appear in the comments sections under some of the videos; I'm sure it's best to refrain from all of that! One thing that frustrates me slightly about You Tube (aside from all the arguments about whose cover version of this is better than that etc.) is the lack of search limits. Specifically, I mean the inability to cut out all those videos that are inaccessible to me for one reason or another. It's annoying when full of hope I see the video I've been looking for appear on the search results page only to find that when I click on it, I get the message 'This video is not available in your country'. The content owners can limit access to the videos they put on You Tube to certain countries or geographic regions and if your computer’s IP address falls outside that geographic region, You Tube will display this notice when you try to play it. Sometimes YouTube also blocks specific content in order to comply with local laws in countries where You Tube has launched. This seems perfectly fair, but if I can't watch them, I don't want them slowing down my quests.
You Tube is, on a more positive note, easy to use, not cluttered with adverts and contains a wealth of videos from all over the world on almost every subject I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment